Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Feeling more normal - 11/05

One of the problems with having worked in isolation for the past year, or so, it that there wasn't much regular contact with other people. Sure, I saw the occasional friend and the odd family member, and I do try to make it to the regular Saturday morning coffee get-togethers, but that is not the same as daily contact with people who don't have fur and four legs. Spending so much time alone makes me feel, well, a little weird, and that I'm stranger than most other people.

Now that I'm back in the mall, there is ample opportunity to interact with, or observe, lots of people who do not belong to the aforementioned groups. And, being back among a lot of seriously strange people has made me feel so much better about my own peculiarities. A lot better.


It's the wise woman who knows herself, and I hate ending with a gripe, but...


On a more personal note, I have felt that I, physically, may be doomed. My usual postures are sitting at this desk or my work table, or standing a bit at the easel. All the running around at the stores is something that I anticipated, but for which I was not prepared. I need good shoes and socks. Or new feet. On Saturday, I finally gave up and removed my shoes. My feet hurt so much that even a ton of ibuprofen wasn't helping. I was off on Sunday and recovered a bit, but today was horrible again. It's just a darn shame that I've let myself become so out of shape. I have a new admiration for my co-workers and the way some of them are able to maintain such a frantic pace.


I'm also wondering how I have stayed so young on the inside, but still managed to get so old on the outside.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?