Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Now, for something different - 11/05

Enough griping. There have to be things that aren't all about how this *insert favorite adjective* job is turning out.

Just a reminder...I'm working in a mall store, actually two mall stores owned by the same company, a bookstore and a calendar store.

Some of the more amusing things I've heard in the past week:

"I don't have a job anymore. Now I work for the Lord." No comment.

"Thanksgiving is early this year and that means that Christmas will be late." Umm, aren't there always the same number of days between them?

"I can't shop now, I'll come back when my break is over." Good grief, I'm glad you don't work here.

"Do you have a calendar with Borderline Collies?" Perhaps I could show you the Border Collie ones.

"Sharks, sharks, I want sharks. No, no, the bunnies are mean!" Those killer bunnies will get you every time.

"Not red. Not red. Not red. Not red. Not red. Red!!!!!!!!" This was said by a small boy who was being dragged around the mall by two women with even smaller boys in strollers. I wasn't able to see what he was doing the first several times he said "Not red." I started following him and noticed that he was putting his hand into his pocket, looking at his palm and saying it. Then, the last time, he pulled out a bunch of whatever it was and I could see that his hand was filled with small candies. Those red ones must be amazing, because he was really, really excited.

"Come dear, and let us pray over you." Said by two women and a man who were concerned for my eternal soul because we sell astrology and Harry Potter calendars. Thank you kindly, Ma'am; truth be told, I need all the help I can get!

"Ooooooh, Grandma wants this one, mommy!" Exclaimed by a small girl who grabbed a calendar from the adult section (barely clothed people), which depicted men in scant cowboy gear and folksy settings. It seems that Grandma grew up on a ranch and has shared many sweet stories of her childhood in the West.

"Look at all the Elvis calendars! I told you he was still alive!" Only in our hearts, dear.

That's enough for now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?